Herbal digestive bitters stimulate your bitter taste buds, saliva production and healthier digestion
PERQUE DigestivAide™ promotes healthy digestion.
- Digestive bitters stimulate your bitter taste buds, signaling saliva production.
- Saliva jumpstarts digestion and gives the gastrointestinal (GI) tract the boost it needs for optimum functioning – ultimately supporting overall wellness.
- The herbs that make up digestive bitters also aid in stimulating secretion of gastric juices, hormones and enzymes like cholecystokinin (CCK), ghrelin, and motilin, which enhance efficient breakdown of food.
The term “digestive bitters” refers to a group of herbs that are bitter/ bittersweet to taste and help in digestion.
The bitter flavor has been an evolutionary characteristic of plants developed for protection against insect, animal, and human consumption. Early humans initially consumed bitter roots and leaves as food and over many years discovered the other health benefits of bitters, and consumed them as tinctures as digestive aids, health tonics, and overall wellness extracts. Used prolifically in ancient Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine, the first bitters blend in the Western world was formulated 2000 years ago in Greece. This ancient remedy is still popular and is used by many who believe that food is medicine.*
Benefits of DigestivAide™
• Reduced bloating and indigestion
• Relief of heartburn and acid reflux
• Improved stomach acid production
• Enhanced GI mobility (peristalsis)
• Enhanced nutrient absorption
• Reduced nausea and vomiting
• Appetite suppression
Bitter taste receptors are present in other places in the body as well, like the lungs, kidneys, thyroid, white blood cells, and even the heart. As a result, bitters do much more than just support digestion.
Bitters stimulate bile production and therefore fat metabolism, support the liver detoxification system, improve mood and cognitive balance by their action on the vagus nerve, tackle estrogen domi- nance by binding estrogen, support healthy blood sugar levels and promote healthy skin.
Angelica (Angelica archangelica) is a biennial plant that is used as a spice for ornamental and culinary purposes, and has been usednin traditional Chinese medicine. The roots of Angelica archangelica have been traditionally used for digestive issues, circulatory issues, and anxiety. Angelica is a booster for the digestive system and has a balancing effect on the relaxation of the musculature in the upper stomach. Further, it helps calm stomach irritation and has a soothing impact and carminative action to treat flatulent dyspepsia and indigestion.
Burdock is in the Asteraceae (daisy) family, and its roots are used as medicine, and food (gobo). Burdock is native to Europe and Asia, and it grows abundantly along roadways, in fields, and in pastures. It has a sweet and slightly bitter taste. High in antioxidants such as quercetin, luteolin, and phenolic acids, it can help with inflammation. It is also a mild cholagogue meaning it stimulates the liver, and in general, is a cleansing tonic. Burdock is “alterative,” used for purification and detoxification. Finally due to its high inulin and mucilage content, it serves as a prebiotic that aids in digestion, stimulates secretion in the digestive tract, and soothes stomach issues.
Dandelion is also in the Asteraceae (daisy) family. Dandelion grows as a perennial herb throughout the Northern Hemisphere and as a weed in other temperature zones. Its root can be used to improve digestion; the bitter constituents can increase bile flow and enhance appetite. Dandelion root also has a laxative activity that stimulates digestion. It stimulates the growth of multiple strains of bifidobacteria, suggesting its use as a prebiotic, as well. Dandelion roots can also be used as a coffee substitute. Some of the key constituents of the roots are bitter glycosides, tannins, phytosterols, pectin, phenolic acids, vitamins and potassium.
Fennel (Foeniclum vulgare) easily grows in moist and organically rich soils and full sun. Fennel offers many health benefits; studies have shown the herb helps reduce inflammation in the bowels and reduces bacteria that cause gassiness in small intestines. It also helps ease colic in newborns. In addition, bitter fennel treats indigestion, constipation, gout, and pains.
Ginger (Zingiber officinale) root has been used as food and medicine since ancient times. It has medicinal properties that help reduce nausea, decrease inflammation, fight the flu, aid with detoxification pathways, and help with digestion. Ginger stimulates the flow of saliva, bile, and gastric secretions and has increased gastrointestinal mobility. It has a carminative effect that reduces the pressure on the lower end of the esophageal sphincter and reduces flatulence, dyspepsia, intestinal cramping, and bloating. Ginger may produce its antidiarrheal effect by affecting bacteria and host cell metabolism and reducing the colonization of epithelial cells.
Yellow dock (Rumex crispus) grows mainly in North America. This herb has been valued for its medicinal and nutritional qualities for many centuries. This is a cooling, dry and sour herb and is often used as a bitter. The root has been used to improve digestion and helps to remove toxins from the body organs. It helps to stimulate the production of digestive enzymes for healthy digestion. It stimulates the digestion of saliva, enzymes in the digestive system, and bile to ease the digestion and absorption of the food consumed. The process helps enhance the quality of stomach acid and is effective in cases of heartburn.
PERQUE DigestivAide™ does not contain alcohol, and with its unique bitter herb combination, it primes the body adequately for a healthier digestive process. For complete digestive benefit, include PERQUE Digesta Guard Forté™, PERQUE EnduraPAK Guard™ and PERQUE Regularity Guard™ that work synergistically with PERQUE DigestivAide™.
- K. McMullen M,M. Whitehouse , Towell A. Bitters: Time for a New Paradigm. Evidence-Based complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2015(1)
- Lu P, Zhang CH, Lifshitz LM etal Extraoral bitter taste receptors in health and disease J Gen Physiol (2017) 149 (2): 181–197
- ezaie P, Bitarafan V, Horowitz M, Feinle-Bisset C. Effects of Bitter Substances on GI Function, Energy Intake and Glycaemia-Do Preclinical Findings Translate toOutcomes in Humans?. Nutrients. 2021;13(4):1317. Published 2021 Apr 16. doi:10.3390/nu13041317
- Haniadka R, Saldanha E, Sunita V, Palatty PL, Fayad R, Baliga MS. A review of the gastroprotective effects of ginger (Zingiber officinale Roscoe). Food Funct.2013;4(6):845-855.
- Yu M, Li T, Raza A, et al. Sensory-guided identification of bitter compounds in Hangbaizhi (Angelica Dahurica). Food Res Int. 2020;129:108880.
Supplement Facts (no hidden or inactive ingredients)
Servings (0.15 mL) per container: 400
0.15 mL (3 drops) contains these energized nutrients:
Angelica (Angelica archangelica) root 6.7mg
Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) seed 5mg
Ginger (Zingiber officinale) root 5mg
Dandelion (Taraxicum officinale) root 3.3mg
Burdock (Arctium lappa) root 3.3mg
Yellow Dock (Rumex crispus) root 1.7mg
Lime oil 1.8mg
Rosemary oil 1.3mg
Purified Water 41mg
Vegetable Glycerin (soy-free) 108mg
Does NOT contain: citrus, MSG, wheat, gluten, corn, starch, sugar, soy, yeast, zein, sulfates, phosphates (other than coenzymes), preservatives, casein or other milk derivatives. No GMOs, eggs, toxic minerals or metals. Vegetarian.
Adults: Take 1 to 3 drops, 1 to 3 times per day or as recommended by a healthcare professional. May be diluted with warm water or herbal tea.
If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult your healthcare professional before using this product. Keep out of the reach of children.
click here for PDF: PERQUE DigestivAide Herbal Bitters The link above requires Adobe Acrobat or equivalent to view/print Videos from Dr Russell Jaffe, PERQUE Scientist & Founder
The PERQUE Guarantee
PERQUE has been specifically formulated based on higher standards of quality listed below. When comparing:
- All PERQUE products come with a 100% unconditional money-back guarantee — the strongest guarantee in the natural health industry.
- Every PERQUE product provides 100% potency and activity for its entire shelf life. PERQUE formulas are designed for exceptional delivery and stability.
- Only the exact delivery forms of nutrients shown in clinical studies to be effective are used in PERQUE formulas with NO substitutions.
- By using high precision control of temperature and pressure in the manufacturing process, all PERQUE products, including tabsules, dissolve rapidly (15-20 minutes in the stomach), allowing superior uptake and rapid results as well as eliminating digestive irritation found with other brands.
- Full label disclosure is provided for all PERQUE products — no hidden or inactive ingredients.
- In order for a nutrient to be brought into your body, it must be transported. Every PERQUE product is activated with the same potent transporters that are used by nature and in food to ensure full bioavailability or 100% uptake.
- The biologically preferred form of an ingredient is always used to enhance activity, produce energy, and deliver direct results
- All PERQUE products are allergen-free and contaminant-free, and do not contain citrus, MSG, wheat/gluten, corn/zein/starch, dairy/casein/milk derivatives (except meal powders), yeast, soy, sulfate, phosphates (other than coenzymes) or preservatives.
- PERQUE products do not contain genetically modified organisms (GMOs)
- All PERQUE ingredients are plant-based except the human probiotic strains, distilled lipids, and PERQUE Joint Guard extracts.
- Every PERQUE product is produced following or exceeding the FDA’s pharmaceutical GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) regulations.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.