PERQUE ENERGIZED DOUBLE ZINC GUARD: THE ULTIMATE FORMULA
Zinc is involved in more body functions than any other mineral.* Experts estimate that over 10,000 enzyme reactions require zinc--many involved with immune defense and repair*. Zinc is essential for growth, development, sexual function, immune function, and chemical detoxification.* Without adequate zinc, healing cannot take place.*
DATA ON PERQUE DOUBLE ZINC: TIME TO MAXIMUM UPTAKE
Results indicate prompt and complete (95% to 100%) uptake of PERQUE Double Zinc.*
ONE DOSE or LOZENGE PROVIDES:
ZINC & THROAT GUARD LOZENGES
As a dietary supplement, dissolve one (1) lozenge in mouth or as directed by your health professional.
Available in bottles of 50 lozenges.
PERQUE ENERGIZED DOUBLE ZINC GUARD TABLETS
As a dietary supplement, take one (1) tablet daily with food or as directed by your health professional.
Available in bottles of 100 tablets.
PERQUE ENERGIZED DOUBLE ZINC GUARD is a complete, immune-building formula using a blend of two ionized, fully soluble zinc sources for optimal absorption and utilization by every cell. The figure on the previous page indicates this rapid and optimal absorption. The PERQUE formula includes vitamin B-6 in its active form (pyridoxal- 5-phosphate) for increased uptake and activation of zinc.*
PERQUE ENERGIZED DOUBLE ZINC GUARD tablets are essential for teens. Reproductive hormones increase sharply during puberty, requiring significant amounts of zinc.* When zinc is in short supply, the skin suffers, resulting in a host of teenage skin problems, including acne.* Studies show that zinc is superior to tetracycline for treating acne.* For additional nutritional support for skin problems, include PERQUE2 Life Guard. Acne, burns, eczema, psoriasis, and wounds that heal slowly are all signs of low zinc status.*
POWERFUL BENEFITS FOR THE COMMON COLD
In a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial, researchers studied the effects of zinc lozenges on the common cold. Patients received either zinc lozenges or a placebo every two hours until their symptoms were gone. Researchers evaluated zinc’s effects on symptoms including cough, headache, scratchy throat, sore throat, sneezing, and fever. Zinc lozenges decreased the duration of cold symptoms by nearly half compared to the placebo group.*
In another study, researchers reviewed seven previous randomized, controlled trials on the effectiveness of zinc gluconate lozenges for treating the common cold. The study concluded that the evidence supports the use of zinc lozenges for reducing the symptoms and duration of the common cold.*
1. Sandstead H: Zinc nutrition in the United States. Am J Clin Nutr 1973; 26: 1251-1260.
2. Michaelsson G,Vahlquist A, Juhlin L: Serum zinc and retinal-binding protein in acne. Br J Dermatol 1977; 96: 28-286.
3. Cunliffe WJ, et al: A double-blind trial of a zinc sulphate/citrate complex and tetracycline in the treatment of acne. Br J Dermatol 1979; 101: 321-325.
4. Fraker PJ, King LE, Laakko T, Vollmer TL: The dynamic link between the integrity of the immune system andzinc status. J Nutr 2000 May; 130(5S Suppl): 1399S-1406S.
5. Mossad SB, Macknin ML, Medendorp SV, Mason P: Zinc gluconate lozenges for treating the common cold. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Am Intern Med 1996; 125(2): 81-88.
6. Marshall S: Zinc gluconate and the common cold. Review of randomized controlled trials. Can Fam Physician 1998; 44: 1037-1042.
7. Benefits of magnesium in acute myocardial infarction: timing is crucial. Am Heart J 2000 April; 139(4): 703.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.