All of these are transport activated with mannitol and xylitol for uptake under your tongue as a sublingual lozenge. This increases rapid, full delivery to your brain and other critical body organs.
If you want to keep the flow of blood to vital organs alert and resilient as long as possible, PERQUE Vessel Health Guard is your health protector.*
HOMOCYSTEINE LEVEL: MARKER OF ADEQUATE NUTRIENT INTAKE
Physicians use homocysteine levels to determine blood vessel health status. When your homocysteine level is less than 6:
Homocysteine levels tell if you have enough of certain nutrients that activate body catalysts (enzymes) essential for repairing blood vessels.*
What about measuring B-12 levels? The standard (Schilling) B-12 test measures the amount of B-12 in the serum. This does not correlate well with the functional amount in your cells, which is why homocysteine levels are functionally predictive of B-12 need. For example, all people on "hypoglycemic" medications show a decrease in cellular B-12 and an increase in homocysteine levels even though their standard B-12 tests remain unchanged.* (Gilligan MA. Metformin and vitamin B-12 deficiency. Arch Intern Med. 2002;162:484-485.)
PERQUE Vessel Health Guard can make a significant difference in your health.
The difference in 5-year mortality risk was 1,000% or ten-fold different for those with the highest homocysteine levels compared to those with the healthier lower levels.*
The Difference in Senility Risk
The difference in senility risk is also striking: a 100% or two-fold difference between the higher and lower levels of homocysteine.*
ONE PERQUE SUBLINGUAL VESSEL HEALTH GUARD LOZENGE:
As a dietary supplement, take one (1) to six (6) sublingual lozenges daily or as directed by your health professional. Place lozenge under tongue and let dissolve.
Available in bottles of 90 sublinguals.
DIFFERENT: PERQUE VESSEL HEALTH GUARD
PERQUE has uniquely formulated a sublingual form of high-potency nutritives to activate repair systems and lower homocysteine levels to their healthier levels.* A useful target level for healthy homocysteine levels is less than 6. While not yet endorsed as "scientific consensus" by the American Heart Association or the FDA, PERQUE recommends you follow the healthier model of measuring and keeping homocysteine levels less than 6 mg./dl.*
Additional benefits of PERQUE Vessel Health Guard include:
1. Reduction or elimination of homocystinuria (loss of sulfur compounds in the urine)*
2. Reduction or elimination of excess methylmalonic acid (a marker of inefficient metabolism)*
3. Overall improvement in nutrient uptake by activating enzyme catalysts needed for nutrient assimilation and action*
4. Correction of dietary nutrient deficits*
STUDIES TO SUPPORT THE BENEFITS OF PERQUE VESSEL HEALTH GUARD
1. Many people just need more folate. This often means between 2.5-10 mg./day to gain full protective benefits.*
• McEvoy GK (Ed): AHFS Drug information, Am Soc Hosp Pharm, Bethesda, MD, 1996, 2667-2669.
2. Studies document lower homocysteine levels promote vascular health. Delicate endothelial cells line blood vessels. Their job is to protect blood vessels. Endothelial cells benefit from healthier, lower homocysteine levels.*
• Franken DG, et. al. Effects of various regimens of vitamin B-6 and folic acid on mild homocysteinemia in vascular patients. J Inherit Metab Dis 1994; 17:159-162.
• Refsum H, et. al. Facts and recommendations about total homocysteine determinations: an expert opinion. Clin Chem 2004 Jan;50(1):3-32.
• Doshi S, et. al. Folate improves endothelial function in patients with coronary heart disease. Clin Chem Lab Med 2003; 41(11):1505-1512.
• Weiss N, et. al. Influence of hyperhomocysteinemia on the cellular redox state--impact on homocysteine-induced endothelial dysfunction. Clin Chem Lab Med 2003; 41(11):1455-1461.
3. Healthy, adequate B-6, B-12, folate, and magnesium support healthy immune defense and repair functions.*
• Schroecksnadel K,et.al.Hyperhomocysteinemia and immune activation. Clin Chem Lab Med 2003; 41(11):1438-1443.
4. Healthy levels of these nutrients benefit children.*
• Ueland PM, Monsen AL. Hyperhomocysteinemia and B-vitamin deficiencies in infants and children. Clin Chem Lab Med 2003; 41(11):1418-1426.
5. People taking statin medications often need additional nutrients found in PERQUE Vessel Health Guard to promote repair and reduce inflammation.*
• Balk EM, et. al. Effects of statins on nonlipid serum markers associated with cardiovascular disease: a systematic review. Ann Intern Med 2003; 139(8):670-682.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.