The average American diet is too high in harmful fats, and therefore, it is also deficient in EFAs. Foods lose EFAs through processing, exposure to air (oxygen), oxidants, and toxins (from lead and mercury to peroxides and sulfites); therefore, deficiencies have become more the rule than the exception. Only PERQUE Triple EFA Guard gives you all the essential fats in one formula, and, as with all PERQUE products, its ingredients are of the highest action and purity.*
Essential fatty acids may be divided into two primary groups: omega 3 (including DHA) and omega 6 fatty acids. In addition, omega 9 fatty acids and CLA are vital for complete health. EFAs are the source of the body's potent prostaglandins, which are hormone-like substances that regulate many cardiovascular, reproductive, immune, hormonal, and nerve functions.*
Considering its importance, it is not surprising that EFA deficiency is linked to many serious disease states, including:
• Cardiovascular diseases. Arteriosclerosis is characterized by a build-up of plaque in the arteries. Omega 3 fatty acids act as blood thinners, helping to reduce the clotting and aggregation associated with this disease. They play an important role in preventing and treating arteriosclerosis. Studies show that individuals with a diet high in omega 3 fatty acids have significantly lower rates of heart disease. PERQUE Mito Guard Plus (with CoEnzyme Q10, and Vitamins E) also improves cardiovascular function.*
• Inflammatory / autoimmune diseases. EFAs can benefit patients with inflammatory diseases, such as asthma, arthritis, dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis. Omega 6 fatty acids are essential for the production of anti-inflammatory prostaglandins.*
• Premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Deficiencies in EFAs have been associated with PMS. The anti-inflammatory effects of EFAs can relieve menstrual symptoms such as cramps, bloating, and nausea.*
• Concentration and attention (attention deficit disorder (ADD)/attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)). Deficits in EFAs cause nerve electrical irritability that reduce attention span and decrease ability to concentrate.*
ONE SOFTGEL CAPSULE PROVIDES:
Sources and Ingredients
¥ Vitamins E is stated to reinforce the fact that PERQUE uses the alpha, beta, gamma, and delta forms of the natural tocopherols.
As a dietary supplement, take one (1) to four (4) softgel capsules daily with meals or as directed by your health professional.
Available in bottles of 60 and 120 softgels.
PERQUE TRIPLE EFA GUARD: FINALLY A COMPLETE EFA FORMULA
Clearly, fatty acid supplementation can provide substantial health benefits. However, it is important to find the correct ratio of essential fats. These fats are extremely difficult to obtain from diet alone, and assembling the right combination of quality supplements would be nearly impossible. The best option would be to obtain all of the essentials from a single formula.* Fortunately, PERQUE Triple EFA Guard contains:
• DHA, a member of the omega 3 family, which converts to anti-inflammatory prostaglandins. Studies indicate that DHA is especially vital to growing or repairing brain and nerve cell function.*
• CLA, which converts to GLA, one of the most important acids in the omega 6 family. PERQUE Triple EFA Guard provides CLA at higher local concentrations with more beneficial actions than other supplements or diet alone can offer.*
• Flax seed, olive, and deep sea fish oils, which contain significant amounts of omega 3 fatty acids, including ALA, EPA, and LA.*
DHA FOR BRAIN POWER
Although DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) may not be a household name, it should be. Scientific studies repeatedly show that DHA is an important and often lacking member of the omega 3 fatty acid family.*
Researchers recently compiled and published a summary of findings on DHA. The study noted that deficiencies of DHA are associated with learning deficits, including ADD, and that including sufficient DHA in the diet improves learning ability.*
The researchers also found that decreases in DHA in the brain are associated with a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's disease and senility, cystic fibrosis, depression, and aggressive hostility.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.