ENHANCED MAGNESIUM ABSORPTION
The key to increasing magnesium status is proper absorption. Most people absorb only 4% to 30% of popular magnesium supplements. Typically, supplements contain the oxide or chloride forms of magnesium, which are difficult to absorb.
In addition, people absorb magnesium differently; the form of magnesium best absorbed by each individual can vary. Through taking PERQUE Magnesium Plus Guard, which combines highly bioavailable forms (magnesium glycinate, magnesium ascorbate, and magnesium citrate), the individual will receive the form of magnesium right for him or her, and the synergy of the four will increase absorption of all.*
MAGNESIUM PLUS GUARD: CHOLINE CITRATE SYNERGY
For some individuals with magnesium deficits, magnesium supplements alone may not be enough to eliminate symptoms. Cells need magnesium to drive the pathway that takes up more magnesium, creating a vicious cycle of deficiency. Fortunately, PERQUE Magnesium Plus Guard taken with PERQUE Choline Citrate boosts magnesium uptake by combining with magnesium and carrying it as a neutral compound effortlessly through cell membranes.*
When a single mineral is taken at high doses, it can sometimes impair absorption of other minerals. It is always wise to take a complete multi-vitamin/mineral supplement such as PERQUE2 Life Guard.*
EACH CAPSULE CONTAINS:
As a dietary supplement, take one (1) to six (6) capsules daily with meals or as directed by your health professional.
Available in bottles of 60 and 180 capsules.
Note: Most magnesium formulas show total magnesium complex, which is 20% or less elemental magnesium. Each PERQUE Mg Plus Guard equals 550 mg. or more of other products.
MAGNESIUM: MOST IMPORTANT FOR THE HEART
Cardiologists find studies illustrating the importance of magnesium for a healthy heart especially compelling. Numerous studies show it is effective for preventing complications in coronary care unit patients. Thousands of people are unnecessarily stricken with heart disease because of magnesium deficiency.*
In one study, researchers compared the magnesium and calcium concentrations in the hearts of individuals who died of heart disease to those who died of other causes. Researchers found significantly lower levels of magnesium in patients who died of heart disease compared to the control group. The study concluded that, "Magnesium deficit in the arterial wall probably plays a certain role in this disease." Another study evaluated the effects of magnesium supplementation on patients in the early stages of heart disease. At the end of the study, researchers concluded, "The administration of intravenous magnesium to patients in the immediate post-infarction period is cardioprotective and decreases the incidence of arrhythmia, pump dysfunction, and death."*
1. Seelig M, Elin R: Is there a place for magnesium in the treatment of acute myocardial infarction? Am Heart J 1996 August; 132(2Pt 2Su): 471-477.
2. Shecter M, Kaplinsky E, Rabinowitz B: Review of clinical evidence ï¿½ is there a role for supplemental magnesium in acute myocardial infarction in high-risk populations (patients ineligible for thrombolysis and the elderly. Coron Artery Dis 1996 May; 7(5): 352-358.
3. Rude RK, Adams JS, Ryzen E, et al.: Low serum concentration of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D in human magnesium deficiency. J Clin Endo Metabol 1985; 61: 933-940.
4. Lindber JS, et al.: Magnesium bioavailability from magnesium citrate and magnesium oxide. J Am Coll Nutr 1990; 9: 48-55.
5. Bohmer T, et al.: Bioavailability of oral magnesium supplementation in female students evaluated from elimination of magnesium in 24-hour urine. Magnes Trace Elem 1990; 9: 272-278.
6.Vlad M, Uza G, Porr PJ, Caseanu E, Petrescu M: Magnesium and calcium concentration in the abdominal aorta of patients deceased by ischemic heart disease. Magnes Res 2000 March; 13 (1): 37-41.
7. Gyamlani G, Parikh C, Kulkarni AG: Benefits of magnesium in acute myocardial infarction: timing is crucial. Am Heart J 2000 April; 139(4): 703.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.