PERQUE Joint Guard is your natural solution for enhanced joint function. Enhanced repair, joint tissue renewal, pain relief, enhanced mobility, and an end to chronic inflammation are part of the PERQUE Joint Guard guarantee.*
Degenerative joint disease, or OA, typically occurs when cartilage is worn down, due to lack of essential repair rebuilding nutrients. Traditionally, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) have been the only choice for symptom relief. Statistics put annual deaths from NSAIDS at 20,000, and the 2001 Physicians Desk Reference (PDR) notes that 15% of NSAIDS users experience abnormal liver function or damage, and bleeding ulcers and intestinal permeability are "common". NSAIDS act by inhibiting both the pain signals and the synthesis of cartilage building blocks. While temporarily helpful, this promotes cartilage loss. In contrast, PERQUE Joint Guard uniquely supplies the full range of joint-building blocks and promotes pain relief quickly, usually within a few days rather than months (as is true for the best of other joint repair products).*
PERQUE UNIQUE, NATURALLY
The ingredients in PERQUE Joint Guard show over 20 years of clinical research successes. Only PERQUE Joint Guard uses the active, fully soluble forms of glucosamine KCl, glucosamine sulfate,and chondroitin sulfate, plus the collagen-building flavanols (soluble OPCs) and molybdenum that are in no other product. Each of the active agents in PERQUE Joint Guard is shown in research to help people with sports injuries and OA move pain free and with greater joint flexibility. By itself each nutrient is effective, but together they synergistically build and restore function at the cellular level.*
• Glucosamines are building blocks of glycosaminoglycans (GAG) and proteoglycans (PG). This makes up the shock absorber, water-binding structure of cartilage. Sulfate activates its therapeutic effect. Unlike NSAIDS, which block proteoglycans synthesis, glucosamine and its sulfate address the causes of OA.This halts and reverses cartilage degeneration and supplies the biochemical tools to rebuild damaged cartilage as people feel better. Recent work reveals the synergistic benefits of the highly active glucosamine sulfate (GS) and glucosamine KCL, combined only in PERQUE Joint Guard. Increased absorption and delivery of the active nutrients to cells means rapid pain relief and faster gain of flexibility.*
• Soluble Chondroitin sulfate (CS), another joint-supportive, repair molecule, works synergistically with glucosaminoglycans to rebuild cartilage. It has repair promoting, anti-inflammatory properties, eases pain, helps heal wounds, and has been shown to be protective against heart disease. In studies on the anti-inflammatory effects of CS, patients moved joints more freely and without pain or the complications of NSAIDS.1* PERQUE Joint Guard also provides a unique combination of other nutrients for joint health:
• Soluble, solvent-free OPC flavanols for collagen formation reinforces joint health.*
• Cellular detoxifier and cartilage repair mineral, Molybdenum, also helps repair by clearing the body of sulfitic and related toxic metabolites that interfere with repair and contribute to pain and fatigue.2* Better results are due to purer ingredients and lack of contaminants, such as fillers, binders, or excipients that interfere with its uptake and action in the body.*
THREE CAPSULES PROVIDE:OTENT JOINT PAIN RELIEFVIEWED STUDIES
Energized joint repair nutritives
For relief of osteoarthritis, sports injuries to joints, and chronic inflammatory joint pain, take three (3) capsules twice daily until comfort is fully restored then three (3) capsules daily for maintenance or as directed by your health professional.
Available in bottles of 90 and 180 capsules.
Note: PERQUE Joint Guard uses the nutrient forms shown effective in research studies.
RESEARCH SHOWS JOINT REPAIR
Glucosamine sulfate actually reduces osteoarthritis of the knee according to a randomized, placebocontrolled Belgian study appearing in Lancet, January 2001. The 212 study participants, all diagnosed with Osteoarthritis, receiving either 1,500 mg. of glucosamine sulfate a day or placebo, were scanned at the beginning of the trial and again at one and three years.*
After three years, both Osteoarthritis and related symptoms became worse in the placebo group. No progression of Osteoarthritis was found after treatment in the glucosamine sulfate group and patients experienced improvement in their symptoms. Researchers concluded that glucosamine sulfate is useful as a long-term disease-modifying agent in Osteoarthritis.3*
Important to note is a comment by Dr. Jean-Yves Reginster of the University of Liege that study findings cannot be extrapolated to other over-the counter products where the amount of active glucosamine is unknown.*
Glucosamine sulfate also out-performed NSAIDS in studies comparing their impact on joint function. Head-to-head against Ibuprofen, after two weeks of treatment, GS not only showed more improvement of symptoms but also was significantly better tolerated.4*
1. Oliverieri U, et al. Drugs in experimental and clinical research. 1991;17:45.
2. Moss M. Effects of molybdenum on pain and general health: a pilot study. J Nutr Environ Med. 1995;5:55-61.
3. Qiu GX, Gao SN, Giacovelli G, et al. Efficacy and safety of glucosamine sulfate versus ibuprofen in patients with knee Osteoarthritis. Arzneimittelforschung. 1998;48:469-474.
4. Reginster Jy, Deroisy R, Rovati LC, et al. Long-term effects of glucosamine sulfate on Osteoarthritis progression: a randomized placebo-controlled clinical trial. Lancet. 2001;27:251-6.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.