Comprehensive PERQUE Hematin Anemia Guard also includes:
• Folic acid - All cellular reproduction is impacted by folic acid deficits, but rapidly dividing cells like red blood cells are affected first. Either folic acid or B-12 deficiency results in enlarged red blood cells characteristic of megaloblastic anemia.*
• Vitamin B-12 - To prevent B-12 deficiency anemia (pernicious anemia), PERQUE Hematin Anemia Guard contains B-12 as hydroxocobalamin. As fully activated B-12, it is absorbed directly by mucosal membranes in the digestive tract. Pernicious anemia is a result of poorly assimilated B-12 due to digestive deficiencies. Activated hydroxocobalamin in PERQUE Hematin Anemia Guard does not depend upon digestive competency for absorption.*
• Copper - One form of anemia is dependent upon copper. Copper is required for proper iron absorption and utilization. It enhances the development of red and white blood cells and is required for the production of the iron transport protein ferritin. Copper deficiency can lead to low levels of iron. Government statistics indicate that, on average, Americans consume only 50% to 60% of the RDA for copper.*
• Vitamin B-6 (as pyridoxine) - Activated B-6 ensures healthy red blood cells and oxygenation of tissues.*
• Vitamin C - As an integral part of the PERQUE Hematin Anemia Guard formula, vitamin C increases iron absorption and provides antioxidant benefits.*
• Niacin - Many studies have been published on the beneficial relationshipbetween niacin and anemia. Only PERQUE Hematin Anemia Guard includes niacin for uptake of energy (NAD) and magnesium, an important element in anemia correction.*
ONE TABLET PROVIDES:
Typical Dosage: As a dietary supplement, take one (1) tablet daily with food or as directed by your health professional.
Available in bottles of 100 tablets.
HEMATIN ANEMIA GUARD ENERGIZES BLOOD
While other formulas are only 4% to 30% bioavailable, PERQUE Hematin Anemia Guard is fully soluble and 100% bioavailable. PERQUE Hematin Anemia Guard uses reagent grade materials, which are closest to the iron naturally found in foods and ensure prompt and effective results. This kind of quality is not found in any other product.*
Use bioactive, blood-energizing PERQUE Hematin Anemia Guard to improve any of the following when they are related to iron balance:
Physically active individuals need extra blood-building nutrients to ensure that muscles are receiving the oxygen that they need for optimal performance. Along with iron, the synergistic nutrients in PERQUE Hematin Anemia Guard increase the amount of oxygen delivered to tissues and may also improve respiratory problems.*
IRON: FOR PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL HEALTH
Scientific research strongly indicates that iron stores can be affected by exercise. Muscles need oxygen to perform. One study examined the effects of hemoglobin on athletic performance. Researchers found that endurance performance can be improved by optimizing hemoglobin. In addition, decreases in hemoglobin can result in poorer performance. Another study explored the effect of iron deficiency on mood. Researchers discovered an association between anemia and apathy, depression, and rapid fatigue when exercising.
1. Carmel R, Weiner JM, Johnson CS: Iron deficiency occurs frequently in patients with pernicious anemia. JAMA 1987; 257: 1081-1083.
2. Payar L. Med Trib October 18, 1990; 14.
3. Russ C, Hendricks T, Chrisley B, Kalin N, and Driskell J:Vitamin B-6 status of depressed and obsessive-compulsive patients. Nutr Rep Intl 1983; 27: 867-873.
4. Gledhill N,Warburton D, Jamnik V: Haemoglobin, blood volume, cardiac function, and aerobic power. Can J Appl Physiol 1999; 24(1): 54-65.
5. Benton D, Donohoe RT:The effects of nutrients on mood. Public Health Nutr 1999; 2(3A): 403-409.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.