UNIQUE PERQUE FORMULA, NATURALLY
PERQUE Glucose Regulation Guard Forté is unique, comprehensive and provides synergistic nutrients for better blood sugar and energy regulation. PERQUE Glucose Regulation Guard Forté is a unique herbal nutrient combination.*
-Galega officinalis (French lilac) The Galega officinalis plant has been known since the Middle Ages for relieving the symptoms of diabetes mellitus. The active ingredient in this plant that decreases blood sugar by decreasing insulin resistance is galegine or isoamylene guanidine(1, 2). Chemical derivatives from the biguanide class of medication include metformin an antidiabetic medication approved by the FDA in 1995.
- Bitter melon / Marah (Momordica elegans) Bitter melon is a plant related to the Chinese cucumber. It is commonly consumed as a vegetable in Asia and has long been used as an adjunct in diabetes management. Additionally, it has anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic properties. Bitter melon also has the potential to down-regulate insulin and is also thought to slow down the aging process. (3)
-Huckleberry / Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillis) Huckleberry / Bilberry has been used traditionally in the treatment of diabetes, and research suggests that its leaf extract can lower blood sugar levels.(4)
-Chromium picolinate and vanadium ascorbate in their most potent forms. Chromium is needed for blood sugar metabolism, improving glucose tolerance, and helps lower body weight while increasing lean body mass. Vanadium enhances sugar metabolism and reduces the need for insulin in both Type I and Type II diabetics.*
- Agnus castus (Chaste Tree berry) in PERQUE Glucose Regulation Guard Forté at a full 250 mg. of high activity material improves HPA axis function, enhancing the often overlooked but important hormonal influence on blood glucose. Hormonal dysregulation and distress increases risk from and complications of Syndrome X/insulin resistance. Diabetes becomes more brittle and difficult to control when hormonal dysregulation exists.*
EACH TWO softgel capsules of GLUCOSE REGULATION GUARD FORTÉ provide:
As a dietary supplement, take two or more softgels with each meal, or as directed by your health professional.
Available in 180 softgel containers.
WHO NEEDS IT?
Ensuring blood glucose balance is critical for anyone seeking to restore or maintain good health, and is particularly indicated for the following conditions:*
1. Hadden DR. Goat's rue - French lilac - Italian fitch - Spanish sainfoin: gallega officinalis and metformin:The Edinburgh connection. JR Coll Physicians Edinb 2005 Oct;35(3):258-60.
2. Jaffe R. Metabolic Management of Syndrome X. Comprehensive Care Seminar, September 14, 2000.
3. McCarty MF. Does bitter melon contain an activator of AMPactivated kinase? Med Hypotheses 2004;63(2):340-3.
4. Meigs JB, et al. Hyperinsulinemia, Hyperglycemia, and Impaired Homeostasis. JAMA 2000; 283: 221-228.
5. Rosmond R, Dallman MF, Bjorntorp P. Stress-related cortisol secretion in men: relationships with abdominal obesity and endocrine, metabolic and hemodynamic abnormalities. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1998; 83(6):1853-9.1.
6. Savickiene N, Dagilyte A, Lukosius A, and Zitkevicius V. Importance of biologically active components and plants in the prevention of complications of diabetes mellitus. Medicina (Kaunas) 2002; 38(10):970-975.
7. Witters LA. The blooming of the French lilac. J Clin Invest 2001;108:1105-1107. 8. Zavaroni I, Bonini L, Fantuzzi M, Dall'Aglio E, Passeri M, Reaven GM. Hyperinsulinemia, obesity, and syndrome X. J Intern Med 1994; 235(1):51-6.