Considering its importance, it is not surprising that EFA deficiency is linked to many serious disease states, including:
· Cardiovascular health. Arteriosclerosis is characterized by a build-up of plaque in the arteries. Omega-3 fatty acids act as blood thinners, helping to reduce the clotting and aggregation associated with this disease. They play an important role in preventing and treating arteriosclerosis. Studies show that individuals with a diet high in Omega-3 fatty acids have significantly lower rates of heart disease. PERQUE Mito Guard Plus also improves cardiovascular function.*
· Inflammatory / autoimmune diseases. EFAs not only prevent atherosclerosis but possibly also reduce the risk of autoimmunity. EFAs can benefit patients with inflammatory diseases, such as asthma, arthritis, dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis.
· Premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Deficiencies in EFAs have been associated with PMS. The anti-inflammatory effects of EFAs can relieve menstrual symptoms such as cramps, bloating, and nausea.*
· Concentration and attention [attention deficit disorder (ADD)/attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)]. Deficits in EFAs cause nerve electrical irritability that reduce attention span and decrease ability to concentrate.
EACH TWO softgel capsules of EPA/DHA GUARD provide:
As a dietary supplement, take two softgels, or as directed by your health professional.
Available in 60 and 120 softgel containers.
If you are seeking Omegas 3, 6 and 9 view: PERQUE Triple EFA Guard.
PERQUE EPA/DHA GUARD: A COMPLETE OMEGA 3 EFA FORMULA
Clearly, fatty acid supplementation can provide substantial health benefits. Scientific studies have associated an insufficient intake of Omega-3 EFAs with the following: depression, memory problems, low intelligence, learning disorders, dyslexia, attention deficit disorder, schizophrenia, dementia, irritability, poor vision, inattention, alcoholism, lack of concentration, hostility, aggression, and several degenerative neurologic diseases. Fortunately, PERQUE EPA/DHA Guard contains:
· EPA, which increases membrane fluidity nearly to the same degree as DHA and has also shown significant benefits for neurologic function.
· DHA is similar to EPA. DHA, a member of the Omega-3 family, converts to anti-inflammatory prostaglandins. Studies indicate that DHA is especially vital to growing or repairing brain and nerve cell function by restoring Omega-3 prostaglandins that repair (PGF2alpha and PGI).* By far the most powerful EFA for enhancing membrane fluidity, it is the "king of Omega-3 EFAs for the brain". It confers the highest degrees of membrane fluidity of all the Omega-3 EFAs. It is so important for optimum brain function that in a healthy brain, 50% of the lipid content is in the form of DHA. DHA has a positive effect on diseases such as hypertension, arthritis, atherosclerosis, depression, adult-onset diabetes mellitus, myocardial infarction, thrombosis, and some cancers.
EPA AND DHA TOGETHER
EPA and DHA have been shown to reduce the tendency of blood to clot with protective effects for the entire cardiovascular system. In addition, Omega-3 EFAs may improve cholesterol fractions in the blood. Use of EPA and DHA has also been shown to enhance the function of the immune system. In a Japanese study, EPA and DHA together were found to be beneficial for children with asthma.
1. Ergas D, Eilat E, Mendlovic S, Sthoeger ZM. n-3 fatty acids and the immune system in autoimmunity. Isr Med Assoc J. 2002 Jan;4(1):34-8.
2. Gebauer SK, Psota TL, Harris WS, Kris-Etherton PM. n-3 fatty acid dietary recommendations and food sources to achieve essentiality and cardiovascular benefits Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Jun;83(6 Suppl):1526S-1535S.
3. Nagakura T, Matsuda S, Shichijyo K, Sugimoto H, Hata K.Dietary supplementation with fish oil rich in omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in children with bronchial asthma. Eur Respir J. 2000 Nov;16(5):861-5.